Lafayette Car Accident Lawyers Prepared to Represent You
Causes of car accidents
Countless factors can contribute to motor vehicle accidents. Some collisions, such as those caused by weather conditions or medical emergencies, simply cannot be avoided—others, however, are preventable. In accidents that occur due to error, carelessness, or negligence on the part of the other driver, injury victims are entitled to recourse. A Lafayette car accident lawyer from the Cooke Law Firm can help clients file personal injury claims seeking compensation for medical costs, property damage, lost wages due to missed work time, and even emotional pain and suffering.
If you believe you were injured in an accident stemming from negligence, such as the following behaviors or occurrences, visit one of our car accident attorneys in Lafayette as soon as possible:
- Speeding: Driving recklessly, aggressively, and/or without regard for the speed limit
- DUI/DWI: Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. While DUI/DWI is actually a criminal conviction, you can also file a civil lawsuit for damages.
- Extreme fatigue: Driving while exhausted, or falling asleep at the wheel.
- Distraction: Driving without giving full attention to the road, and instead concentrating on the radio, GPS or location device, mobile phone, passengers, or scenery
- Equipment failure: A vehicle unexpectedly malfunctions
- Road conditions: A roadway or highway is poorly designed or maintained
Types of car accidents
At the Cooke Law Firm, our qualified attorneys help clients injured in all types of automobile crashes. Some of the common kinds of accident cases that we handle include the following:
Skillfully representing those injured in car accidents
Our car accident lawyers possess the experience and knowledge to help you achieve a favorable outcome to your claim. We will examine all aspects of your accident, put together a compelling case, and fight aggressively for the compensation to which you are entitled. We are fully prepared to negotiate towards a settlement, or go to trial when necessary.
Contact Cooke Law Firm online or call us today at 765-423-5628 for a free initial consultation. We represent motor vehicle accident and personal injury victims throughout Indiana, including Tippecanoe, White, and Benton counties.